Hi. I’m Dr. Jeff Bynum. When my Valrico and Brandon FL area patients get mouth sores, I advise them to evaluate what they’re eating and make some changes. By following these tips, you too can avoid the discomfort of eating and help to increase the speed of healing.
1. Eat soft or pureed foods. Don’t worry, you won’t have to eat baby food, plenty of adult dishes fit the bill, such as:
2. Keep your meals bland for a while. I know it’s no fun, but watch out for overly spicy, tart, salty or acidic foods while you have a mouth sore.
3. Also, keep it cool. Eat only food that is at room temperature or is served chilled.
4. Use a straw so that whatever you are drinking can bypass the mouth sore altogether.
5. Try to moisten dry foods. This can be done by adding sauces, dressings, and gravies to your meals. Yum!
I hope that these suggestions will help you the next time you suffer from a mouth sore. If you are looking for a dentist in the Valrico area, consider my practice, Five Star Dental Care. We have been serving Valrico since 1996. Call us at 813-653-2273 to schedule and examination and consultation. We offer a complete menu of general and cosmetic dental procedures including:
You can also visit us on the web at /about-us/.
Dr. Jeff Bynum
Five Star Dental Care
3203 Lithia Pinecrest Rd
The following website was used as source material for this blog:
http://www.mouthhealthy.org/en/nutrition/nutrition-concerns/, accessed on Feb. 21, 2013