Do you know that the most common cause of tooth loss among adults is gum disease? The good news is that gum disease is treatable at Five Star Dental Care in Valrico.
Regular dental check-ups are essential, but there are warning signs for gum disease that everyone should be looking for:
- Gums that bleed frequently
- Gums that are tender, swollen, or very red, or gums that have visible pus in between them when they are pushed
- A bite that changes suddenly so that your teeth don’t seem to fit together correctly
- Receding gums
- A bad taste in the mouth or chronic bad breath
- Loose or separating teeth
If you are experiencing these symptoms, talk to us right away.
Since plaque causes gum disease, removing it with regular brushing and flossing is the key to healthy gums. Most dental health professionals, including the team at Five Star Dental, recommend brushing and flossing twice a day.
If you experience any of the symptoms of gum disease, don’t despair. At Five Star Dental in Valrico we treat gum disease, even in advanced cases. We also offer dental implants, and a wide range of other services. Schedule an appointment with us today.
Contact Five Star Dental Care – Jeff Bynum, DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):