We are so glad to have Dr. Bynum, his family and other members of the church home safely from Las Sabanas in Nicaragua. They are blessed once again to have served in God’s mission field, for His good, pleasing and perfect will.
In church one day the sermon challenged, “Can we let God be God?” They considered this and especially, how can we let God be God? How could we ever know coming from a position of convenience, comfort and having everything “under control?” If one does not step outside of their control, means, capabilities, and their comfort zone, how would they ever know about letting God be God? They found that prayer is effective and that we have been designed to find our completeness and fulfillment in the firm foundation that is the truth and hope of Jesus Christ in faith fulfilled.
In all the preparations, and prayers…they answered the call to be God’s hands and feet…to serve the beautiful people of Las Sabanas and here is what God accomplished through them:
- 2,846 patients through the medical clinic
- 15,235 prescriptions dispensed
- 7 Project Life commitments (serious medical needs requiring surgeries or other major procedures at a hospital)
- 345 dental patients and 628 tooth extractions
- 76 women through cervical cancer screening with 22 positives who received cryotherapy treatment (lives saved!)
- 312 head of cattle, 10 horses, 18 dogs, 20 pigs, 4 donkeys, 2 ox, and 2 mules vaccinated
- 1,216 pairs of eyeglasses distributed
- $15,000+ in family & baby packs plus 8 tons of rice and beans distributed (4 tons each)
- 1,601 meals prepared in the field
- 1,000 Bibles, 500 Books of John, 1,500+ tracts given (the word of God in the hands and homes of people)
- 558 professions of faith (eternities saved!)
They give thanks and blessings to all who helped spread the word of God in Las Sabanas and look forward to meeting next year in San Jose de Cusmapa if it’s the Lords will and they get needed permissions required.
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? (James 2:14)